Dal fry looks very tasty to eat. Many things are needed to make it, but its taste is amazing.
Recipe Quizine: Indian How many people: 2 – 4 Time: 30 mins to 1 hour Type of Food: Vegetarian
- 1 1/2 cups toor dal
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 1 big finely chopped onion
- 2 medium finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2-3 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 whole red chilies
- 1 tbsp Green Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- a pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- salt to taste
- ghee as required
- water as needed
- Wash the dal once with water.
- Put lentils, turmeric, salt and water in the cooker, close the lid and keep it on fire.
- Keep the flame high till the first whistle. After this it will take 4-5 whistles on medium flame.
- After 5 whistles, switch off the gas and let the pressure of the cooker go away.
- Let the tempering be prepared until the pressure of the cooker is released.
- For this, put ghee in a pan and keep it to heat on medium flame. Save 1 tsp of ghee and keep it.
- When the ghee is hot, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and green chilies and fry them well.
- After that add onion and fry till it becomes light brown. Will keep running it.
- After frying the onion, add tomato, red chili, coriander powder, turmeric, mango, garam masala and mix it well.
- To roast the spices, add 1/2 small cup of water and fry for 4-5 minutes while stirring.
- After 5 minutes, the dal tadka will be ready.
- Pour the prepared tempering over the dal and mix well.
- If the lentils are thick, then mix some water in it and keep the cooker on the gas and let it come to a boil.
- After boiling, add green coriander to the dal and mix.
- Switch off the gas and pour tempering on the dal.
- For this, heat ghee in a tadka pan or a normal pan.
- When the ghee is hot, turn off the gas and add red chilies and Kashmiri red chilies and mix.
- Put this tempering in the dal.
- Punjabi Style Dal Fry is ready. Serve garnished with coriander and ginger pieces.