To make jackfruit curry, it often has to be boiled, but today we are telling how to make such a delicious vegetable without boiling jackfruit.
Recipe Quizine: Indian How many people: 2 – 4 Time: 30 mins to 1 hour Type of Food: Vegetarian
- 500 grams jackfruit
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Green Coriander
- salt to taste
- oil as required
- First, apply oil on your hands and cut the jackfruit into small pieces.
- Put oil in a pan on medium heat and keep it for heating.
- When the oil is hot, add the jackfruit pieces and fry them.
- When the jackfruit pieces turn light golden, take them out in a plate and keep them aside.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to this oil and temper it.
- After they crackle, add onion and ginger-garlic paste and fry it lightly.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala and salt to it.
- After the spices leave the oil, add jackfruit and 1/2 cup water, mix it and cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- After the stipulated time, see that the water of jackfruit has dried up a bit, then turn off the gas and add green coriander and mix it.
- Masala jackfruit is ready. Serve it with paratha.